Laser technology can be applied to harden or soften several components in a broad range of industries. It is suitable for surface modification of complex geometries, achieving tailored properties that improve the function of the components.
- Very precise process, with localized heat input.
- Extremely low distortion.
- Adjustable hardening depth and width.
- Geometry-independent, no contact elements with the part.
- In-process adjustable beam shaping.
- CAD/CAM based process.
- No need for quenching medium or controlled atmosphere.
- In-line quality assurance and monitoring system.